Frustrated? Overwhelmed? Don’t know how to fix CenturyLink Webmail login error? Not an issue. CenturyLink.net sign-in error is not an incurable issue. Thankfully, most of the time the CenturyLink email service works perfectly. It supports all kinds of operating systems such as Android, iOS, and Windows. In case you are not able to get access to your CenturyLink account then the chances are high that you are trying to access your CenturyLink webmail account on a desktop email program such as Outlook or Windows Mail. In such a case getting an error is quite obvious. Why? Because whenever it comes to accessing CenturyLink mail accounts on any other desktop mail services, users are required to first set up the account. Otherwise, login errors will definitely come to cause you trouble.
The answer to this question “how do I fix CenturyLink webmail error” lies in understanding CenturyLink Webmail setup instructions first. Hence, in the content below we are going to learn the simple steps to set up the Centurylink mail set up. If you are not a great fan of reading articles, feel free to contact us. Our exclusive Centurylink email support works 24 Hours to ensure the best user experience.
How to Set Up a CenturyLink Webmail Account?
Safe, fast, and secured CenturyLink email services are accessible all through the world. A piece of good news is that anyone who is a subscriber of any service provided by CenturyLink can create a brand new email account for free and manage all the services with ease of mind. And most importantly, you don’t need to set up your CenturyLink mail account if you have to access your mail on Webmail. It means the requirement of setting up an account arises when it comes to accessing a CenturyLink mail account on any other interface other than Webmail such as Outlook, Gmail, or Windows.
As Outlook is one of the most prominent email services in the world, so in our setup instructions, we are going to discuss how to set up the CenturyLink on Outlook:
- Log in to your Outlook mail account.
- Go to the settings and from the drop-down menu select “email”.
- Now you have to select “New” and then choose “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”.
- The next step is to select “Internet E-mail”.
- Here come the fields where you need to enter your name and email address after that select “POP3”.
- In the incoming mail server enter “pop.centurytel.net”.
- In the outgoing mail server enter “smtpauth.centurytel.net”.
- Now enter your CenturyLink email address and don’t forget to check the box that reads “Remember password”.
- Then, select “More Settings” and further choose “Outgoing Server”.
- Now select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Select “Use the same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Further, select the “Advanced” tab and type “995” in the incoming server (POP3) field.
- Make sure you check the box available next to “This server requires an encrypted connection”.
- Type “587” in the outgoing server port and then select “TLS” from “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- Finally, click “Next” and the chosen finish or close.
Note: In case you want to set up your CenturyLink mail on any other desktop email service such as Gmail, Yahoo, Windows Mail, you need to follow the different setting instructions. For help, you can contact us and get help.
Why can’t I log into my CenturyLink webmail?
CenturyLink webmail login error can ruin your whole day. And if you don’t act fast then it might cause you to spend many sleepless nights. That’s why it is important to follow the right method in the first place to save your time and patience. These are the steps to follow:
- So, the first step in the direction to fix the sign-in error on CenturyLink webmail is to make sure that your internet connection is working flawlessly. You can check the speed of your internet, and ensure all the wires are properly connected. If required, consider contacting your internet service provider.
- A large number of people prefer to use VPN to protect their privacy on the internet. But, let’s not forget that VPN is also used by scammers and cybercriminals. Therefore, sometimes, CenturyLink Webmail might consider the user of VPN as a scammer and fraudster. And when it happens, CenturyLink prevents the user from accessing mail on the Webmail interface as a result users end up getting sign-in errors. So, the idea here is to disable the VPN while accessing the CenturyLink Webmail.
- Do you remember the last time you restarted your computer? I am asking this question because it matters a lot. A simple restart of your device can flush out the excessive memory pressure from your device and rejuvenate the hardware of your system. Doing so might help you to get rid of the sign-in error on Webmail as well. So, without any second thought, restart your device and check.
- Last but not least, the troubleshooting step is to ensure that your antivirus program is not interfering with CenturyLink Webmail. You might be surprised but the fact is, it happens. There might be a number of reasons behind the conflict between the two software. Let’s not get over it in detail. To make a long story short, just disable your antivirus program temporarily and try to access your account. If your antivirus program might have been interfering with Centurylink Webmail, disabling it can be your best bet (temporarily) to fix the sign-in error on CenturyLink Webmail.
Also Read: CenturyLink Bill Pay: How To Pay Your CenturyLink Bill?
No Comments Available