Google Pay is a proud name among the reputable payment systems available in the USA. The best part of Google Pay is that it is easy to use, manage, and fast. However, this is not the only payment system available in the US. Payment apps like PayPal, Cash App, Apple Pay, and Venmo are a few more options that you can consider to send and receive money with ease of mind. But, if you have already signed up for Google Pay and now want to switch to any other payment app, you must learn how to delete a Google Pay account.
As we are talking about the simple steps to close a Google Pay account, it is worth noting that you should not delete your Google Pay app from your phone directly if you have linked your debit card and credit card to your Google Pay account.
If you don't want to risk your banking information, you must read this helping post. The trusted method I have mentioned below could be applied directly. So, let's start with some of the main points to keep in mind before closing your account on Google Pay.
Points to consider before closing your Google Pay account
There is no doubt that you can remove your Google Pay account in just one tap. But, doing so may result in addition to your problem. If you don't like to compromise with your confidential information, keep in mind the following points.
- Make sure no money is left in your Google Pay wallet.
- Also, ensure that there is no pending refund for you.
- Don't forget to remove your personal details like email id, billing address, and SSN.
- Last but not the least, take a minute to remove your debit and credit card from your account. Find more information in the next section.
How can I remove my card from Google Pay?
The card removal process is quite simple and straightforward in Google Pay. With the help of these certified steps you can remove your payment method:
- Login to your Google Pay account on PC.
- Select payment methods from the left-side panel.
- Now look at the right side of the screen, you will find the "Remove" button.
- Press the remove button and then further select "Ok" tab to confirm that you want to delete your bank account from Google Pay.
These are steps to follow to delete your payment method phone app.
- Open Google Pay on your phone and enter your security PIN for successful login.
- Now select a gear shaped icon available at the top left corner of the screen.
- From the drop down menu, pick up the "Cards & Accounts" option.
- The next screen will show you all the added bank accounts, debit cards and credit cards.
- Select the card and press the remove button.
- Repeat the last step to delete all the linked cards from your account.
- Finally, press the "Remove" button to confirm you want to delete your payment method.
How to delete your Google Play account in simple steps?
- Login to your Google Pay wallet.
- From the home page, select a settings button.
- Scroll down and you will find the "Close Payment Profile" option.
- The next step is to choose the reason for deleting your Google Pay account and then further select "Continue".
- Finally, here comes a "Close Payment Profile" option; click on it to confirm that you want to delete your Google Pay account.
That's the end of today's lesson: How to Delete a Google Pay Account Safely and Securely. We are sure, all the steps given in the above section will come as a great help. For more information, feel free to get in touch for free assistance.
No Comments Available