Undoubtedly, at this point in time, surveillance through cameras has become an integral part of security. As the crime rate is increasing at a stunning level, more and more people are using digital cameras to protect their homes, offices, vehicles, and so many things. For 100% security, it is important that your camera always remain connected to your phone all the time. But, if you are using an Arlo digital camera, you might have noticed that sometimes Arlo cameras do not connect to the Arlo mobile app. And when it happens, your security may be at risk. When I realized that many people are facing connectivity issues between Arlo cameras and apps, I thought it would be a great idea to write about how to fix Arlo camera not connecting to app errors.
Whether your Arlo camera failed to connect or Arlo camera not syncing, in this helping post, I am going to explain the simple but effective troubleshooting steps. Also, you will get an overview of fixing Arlo camera error number 201. So, to help you understand all about resolving Arlo camera issues, let's start with the basics issue and quick steps to fix it.
Also Read: How to fix Arlo motion detection not working?
Why is my Arlo base station offline? Fix Arlo camera not working issue
In order to have non-stop access to an Arlo camera, it is important that your base station is online. Having an offline base station means your online access to your Arlo camera on your phone has gone out of reach. Such issue is quite common in the industry of camera and video recording appliances. If you get close to the ground level, you will find a broad range of possible reasons. So, let's have a quick look at the troubleshooting steps:
- Primary reason for the offline base station on Arlo is corrupt and incorrect configuration settings. So, the simple solution is to go into the settings section and check if everything is fine.
- Poor and slow internet connection is the second most common contributing factor for Arlo base station offline. That's why to take a minute and ensure your device is having sufficient internet connection.
- Needless to say that using an old version of any app always leads to problems. And this same perspective is also applicable to Arlo. So, the idea here is to always use the updated and latest version of the Arlo app.
- There might be chances that due to any maintenance work your base station has gone temporarily locked. In such a case, waiting is the best thing that you can do.
- If all the above-mentioned tips and tricks don't help you to set your Arlo base station online, then you can contact us directly for assistance.
- The next step is to check your Arlo camera settings and also make sure that your device is getting enough strong internet signals.
How to fix an Arlo camera not connecting to app error?
If your Arlo camera is not connecting to the Arlo app on your phone, this section is for you. Some of you might have been getting an error number 201 on the screen when you try to access the camera on your phone. If your answer is yes, have a quick look at the troubleshooting steps to fix Arlo camera error 201
- First and foremost, unplug your Arlo Go camera and then pull off the battery. Clean the terminals and just insert the battery back into its place. Also, notice the LED light of the camera to ensure you have fitted the battery properly.
- In case the LED light doesn't blink then you have to make sure that you have installed the battery properly. At the same time, make sure the camera's battery is not low. If the batter is, mind-changing it or recharging it, if you can.
- To fix the issue you also can log out of the Arlo app and sign in again. Doing so can fix any minor issue if there would be any.
- If the amber LED light is blinking, it means there is no SIM card or the SIM card is not properly inserted. So, pull out the SIM card and reinsert it.
- If Amber light blinks slowly it means your camera does not have LTE coverage. So, restore the LTE coverage.
- In case if LED blinks amber and blue then it means your Arlo camera is receiving a firmware update. During the update don't open the battery case and unplug the connections. All you have to do is just wait until the update is over.
- Last but not the least, to fix Arlo cameras not connecting to the app, make sure your camera and phone both are having flawless internet signals.
So, that's how you can fix an Arlo camera not connecting to the app. If even following all the steps and mentioned information in the above sections does not help, then feel free to get in touch with Arlo customer support. Solutions to all kinds of problems related to Arlo cameras and connectivity are available.
No Comments Available