+1 855 955 3828
A Brief Introduction to QuickBooks
Although this article Is about the tricks to solve QuickBooks error 3371 before diving into the process let's understand its basics. It’s a fast technology-driven world where businesses want fast yet smooth working of their financial accounting. For such easy management of financial reporting, most businesses use QuickBooks software. QuickBooks is super famous as comes with efficient benefits like invoicing, payroll, accounting, inventory, management of expenses, payment processing, and bank account tracking.
QuickBooks also comes with some disadvantages one of which is that this software is highly prone to errors. This can occur during software installation or even while updating the software or when reinstalling QuickBooks. These errors hamper the operating process that annoys and frustrates the user as it delays the whole process.
Firstly, let us understand what QuickBooks error 3371 is all about, why error 3371 happens, what are error 3371’s causes and how we can solve QuickBooks error 3371.
This is one of the various QuickBooks errors that usually occur when the user tries to start the QuickBooks software for the first time. Although this issue can also be generated due to damaged or misplaced company files. Whenever Error 3371 strikes this message appears “Could not initialize license properties”.
Also, when the user activates QuickBooks, you are tending to see one of the below error messages-
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. Or,
Could not initialize license properties. (Error 3371, Status Code -11118) QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. Or,
Could not initialize license properties. (Error: 3371, Status Code -1) QuickBooks could not load the license data. This might be caused by missing or damaged files.
These are some pop-up messages that are shown when error 3371 strikes. To solve QuickBooks error 3371 let’s see what causes this error in the accounting software.
Since Intuit has made this compulsory to store licensed information on the user’s hard drive due to which if your data or file goes damaged or missing then you will be likely to see Error 3371. Sometimes If you are copying the data on c: drive to other hard drives, you get to see error 3371 which makes it necessary to re-type the user’s license information.
Some of the reasons for this error has been mentioned below
- Damaged or corrupted file or the component essential to run by QuickBooks.
- Qbregistration.dat installation file comprises users license information, every time this file is active Intuit searches for it, and if the file is not operational the software will not open.
- Antivirus issues or outdated windows operating system detains QuickBooks desktop files.
- Users might encounter this error if they are opening the COMPANY FILE but haven’t saved it first. Therefore, save the.QBO file before importing it.
Below are five ways to solve QuickBooks error 3371. Also consider expert guidance if you are not able to do it effectively.
- Click WINDOWS after that select ALL PROGRAM and then click WINDOWS UPDATE.
- Once you have installed updates click “Install QuickBooks”.
- Mostly the error gets resolved by this method if not hope on to the next method.
(Make sure the WINDOWS is up to date because if not it can hamper QuickBooks installation)
- Open RUN window, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and enter.
- Click OK, window explorer will open. Find ecml file, right-click on it and finally select the delete option this will solve the QuickBooks error 3371.
- Now close this window and try re-running your software.
- Start with installing the latest Windows updates then click START.
- Update your windows by choosing ALL PROGRAMS.
- Check for the latest updates by clicking on to update option.
- On successful updating, reinstall QuickBooks software.
- You can solve QuickBooks error 3371 by doing the above step if it still hasn’t been resolved get onto the other solution.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop, after that download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select Quick Fix My Program option, then select installation issues and search for error 3371 to solve QuickBooks error 3371.
- Click OK, lastly open the software and the data file.
- This will solve the license, validation, and registration issues to recreate the damaged file.
- Start with opening the tool hub program then navigate to the installation issues.
- Choose and run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Wait till the tool runs and reboot your computer once it finishes.
In conclusion, all the above-explained solutions are effective and will solve QuickBooks error 3371. If you still face issues, hire experts who will guide you properly and solve QuickBooks error 3371 for smooth functioning of your QuickBooks software.
No Comments Available