Suddenlink Email Settings - Android and Outlook
Although setting up a Suddenlink email account is a quite simple process if not done properly can hamper your working. You will be requiring the server settings as well as the POP settings to complete the setup. Make sure that you have properly configured what problem you are facing while sending and receiving the emails. If you are looking for a Suddenlink email setting you have landed on the right article. In this article, we will help you to set up your Suddenlink account too without any hustle. Ensure that while entering your credentials double check your details and make sure there is no spelling mistake done by your side.
What’s the Difference between IMAP and POP?
Let's first understand the difference between IMAP and POP. It will make you understand the Suddenlink email setting better. IMAP is the internet message across protocol and is a common protocol that helps in retaining the email on your server and helps in synchronization. For example, if you delete or send or even mark a particular message as unread on a device, it will get replicated on all of your devices. IMAP provides a basic and reliable experience among all your devices and there is advice for those who check their email on several devices.
Post Office Protocol or POP are the downloads presented on your email on your device. That is why, if any activity happens on one device they are not imitated on other devices. Using a similar example, if you delete, send or even mark a message as unread on your device, this time all the changes will not be redirected and visible on other devices. We would suggest you use IMAP If you are accessing your email on multiple devices.
Understanding Suddenlink email settings- IMAP
Consider the details carefully like Suddenlink IMAP server- imap.suddenlink.net and fill in the below details
- IMAP port number- 993
- IMAP security- SSL
- IMAP server username- put your complete email ID
- IMAP server password- put your Suddenlink password
Understanding Suddenlink email settings- POP
Consider the details carefully such as Suddenlink Mail server account type: POP and fill in the below details like
- Then – Suddenlink Mail user name: Fill in your complete Suddenlink Mail email address
- Suddenlink Mail password: Fill in your Suddenlink Mail password
- Suddenlink Mail hostname: Fill in your pop.suddenlink.net
- Suddenlink Mail port: 110
- Suddenlink Mail TLS/SSL required: NO
- Also, note that these settings will help you only in receiving emails because they are the incoming server settings. You will be required to configure the outgoing server settings distinctively for sending emails.
Suddenlink email settings - Outlook
- Begin with opening Microsoft Outlook select FILE and click on ‘Add a New Email Account’
- After that click on the ‘Manual Setup’ and select the ‘Next’ button
- Following which clicks either on the POP or the IMAP as an Inbound Mail Server and then the ‘Next’ button
- You will be asked to fill in the following details:
- User Name: Enter a name that you want to be shown while sending an email
- Email Address: Put your Suddenlink.Net email address
- Account Type: POP3 or IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: Either the pop.suddenlink.net or the imap.suddenlink.net
- Next, type your user’s name and password in the ‘Internet email settings’ space and select MORE SETTINGS.
- Hover over to the ‘Outgoing Server’ space and now put a checkmark on the box saying ‘My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication
- Visit the ‘Advanced’ section, enter the port numbers for the inbound and the outbound mail servers, click OK.
- Now fill in details like Incoming server POP3 – 110, IMAP port number- 143, and the Outgoing mail server SMTP port number- 25 or 587 and finally click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Lastly, select the ‘Test Account Settings’ and then Outlook will automatically test Suddenlink account configuration and set up the validation.
Suddenlink email settings – Android
- Begin with opening the home screen and then opening the Gmail app.
- Visit the MENU if an account is already added and click SETTINGS following ADD ACCOUNT.
- Select OTHER you can find it in the setup email tab, fill in your email ID then click MANUAL SETUP.
- Choose a POP account and enter the details such as Username- Your Suddenlink name, Password- Your account password, POP Server- pop.suddenlink.net, Security type- None, Port- 110.
- After that click NEXT and fill in the details such as SMTP Server- smtp.suddenlink.net, Port- 25, Security type- None
- Finally, click NEXT and select email frequency, fill in the account name and select DONE once complete.
We have tried and given all the required details needed for the Suddenlink email settings. But if you still need any assistance, get in touch with us and we will help you out without experts.
No Comments Available